[MlMt] Rules: "is in" smart mailbox and Gmail Labels

Zvi Biener zvistrash at gmail.com
Tue May 15 11:04:45 EDT 2018

Hi Folks,
There has been lots of discussion of rules lately, so I apologize if
this was already addressed:

I'm having trouble setting rules, under the following conditions:

1. I use Gmail labels by hiding the associated gmail "mailboxes" from
MailMate (through the "Edit Subscriptions"). I then use Smart Mailboxes
that pick out messages with the appropriate labels. So, if I use Label
"Marketing", I hide the Marketing mailbox from MM, and define a smart
mailboxes that picks out all messages with the tag "Marketing" from All
Messages. I do this so I don't have duplicate messages, and because I
use the same tags/keywords across multiple accounts.

2. I'd like to define a rule that matches the from address of incoming
mail against from addresses that are already in the "Marketing" smart
mailbox. Like: "From -> Address" "is in" "Marketing" (the smart mailbox)
"From->Address".
However, in this context mailboxes that are defined as in 1 are greyed
out. Other smart mailboxes are OK, but any smart mailbox that picks out
a gmail label is greyed out.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks,
Zvi