[MlMt] Feature request: populate subject with attachment filename

Wed May 9 09:48:35 EDT 2018

On 8 May 2018, at 16:52, John Cooper wrote:

> Sam Hathaway wrote (at 7:41 on 8 May 2018):
>
>> I was sending files by email today and realized that it’d be really
>> nice if MailMate would fill in the subject line with the name of the
>> file I was attaching. I’m imagining two workflows:
>>
>> 1. Drag a single file into the MailMate icon: a new email is created
>> with the file attached and the subject is set to the name of the
>> file.

This should work in the next update.

>> 2. Drag a single file into an existing compose window: the file is
>> attached and the subject is set to the name of the file _only if it
>> was empty._

This should also work in the next update.

>> I’m not sure what I’d recommend when attaching multiple files.
>> Maybe the current behavior (leaving the subject blank) is fine.
>
> Or the word "Attachments."

I don't like that because it would prevent the empty-subject check when
sending. I think this is important to avoid that people start sending
emails with non-informative generic subjects lines :)

Maybe a comma-separated list of X attachment names and then “ and Y
more” if there is a lot of them. Maybe it's overkill :)