[MlMt] Under-the-hood changes in latest release

Wed May 9 09:00:59 EDT 2018

Hi MailMate users,

you might have noticed the lack of test releases the past couple of
weeks. This is mainly because I was working on some changes in core
parts of MailMate and this was both a major task and it also meant that
MailMate was quite unstable in the process (which is also my bad excuse
for not answering a lot of emails during the same period :) ).

I'm still worried that there might be more or less serious bugs in the
end result. Experience tells me that many MailMate users fetch test
releases (holding down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the
Software Update preferences pane) without necessarily having the time to
deal with any (major) issues. Therefore the latest release is currently
only available as a manual update:
https://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/MailMate_r5484.tbz

If no major issues are reported within a day or two then I'll release it
as a regular test release.

For those of you experiencing issues with updating submailboxes in the
“Tagged” (or similar) mailboxes then this release might solve *some*
of them.

Here are the release notes:

---

# Revision 5484 (Wednesday, May 9, 2018)

The first item on the list below means that extra care should be taken
with this test release. There might be unexpected side effects or new
bugs. The good news is that some common actions are now quite a bit
snappier, for example, navigating the message list with the message
preview enabled.

* Changed: Major refactoring of how updated queries/sets are updated
internally, in particular, how changes are reported to the various parts
of the user interface.
* Changed: “Print” menu item is greyed out when it’s not available
(relevant for the two pane and the statistics layouts).
* Fixed: Occasional crashes when getting access tokens on multiple
threads. This was, in particular, an issue for users with numerous Gmail
and/or Outlook accounts.
* Fixed: Updating headers with multiple values (like recipient headers
or the virtual headers handling IMAP keywords) did not always work
correctly. This might fixes some of the known issues with the Tagged
mailbox.
* Fixed: Duplicating a mailbox (using the “Mailbox ▸ Duplicate”
menu item) would often result in messing up the order of mailboxes after
relaunching MailMate.

---