[MlMt] Gmail throttled with large number of labels

Ian Hiscock ian at hugnhold.co.uk
Tue May 8 13:36:59 EDT 2018

I have nearly 900 labels in a gmail account - which means any attempt to
sync the lot will end up being throttled.

I was hoping that I could set the default sync for the account to
'manually', leave inbox as 'connected' and set one or two important
labels (updated with gmail rules) to 10 minute sync.

On the face of it this works - each folder reports it's last sync time
as I'd expect and if I goto a label it syncs then. Exactly what I need..

However - if MM is restarted or a laptop running MM brought out of sleep
there is some IMAP chatter for each folder (visible in the activity
window) - and I end up throttled.

Can that initial per-folder IMAP be prevented without taking the account
offline?

Or any tips for handling large numbers of gmail labels with MM.

Ian