[MlMt] Blacklisting display names has no effect

Galen Menzel galen.menzel at utexas.edu
Mon May 7 02:13:39 EDT 2018

Hi all,

MailMate seems to have an option to blacklist specific display names so
they don’t show up as autocompletion options, but it doesn’t seem to
be working for me. As an example, say I have the following email
addresses somewhere in my email collection:

```
Foo <foobar at baz.com>
Foo Bar <foobar at baz.com>
```

And say I only want `Foo Bar <foobar at baz.com>` to show up as an
autocomplete option, not `Foo <foobar at baz.com>`. If I select `Foo
<foobar at baz.com>` in a new message and right click on that address, I
can select `Add “Foo <foobar at baz.com>” to Blacklist`. `Foo
<foobar at baz.com>` duly shows up in the `Blacklist.plist` file. But `Foo
<foobar at baz.com>` remains as an autocomplete suggestion.

If I blacklist `foobar at baz.com` it stops showing up as an autocomplete
suggestion, as expected. But I only want to blacklist certain display
names associated with an address, not the address itself.

Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding this feature?

Thanks!

Galen