[MlMt] Case sensitivity in address pattern matching

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.ORG
Sun May 6 16:21:45 EDT 2018

On 6 May 2018, at 12:30 MST, Randall Gellens wrote:

> I have address patterns set for my accounts, and discovered that when
> a sender has an address for me in all upper case, MM does not
> recognize it as matching the address pattern.

Call me crazy, I don't care, but ...

If this is actually a problem that needs a solution, I would like to
strongly suggest that forcing entire email addresses to lower-case is
not it.

This is one of the more annoying things going on these days.  For
example, try and find any third-party DNS provider that leaves
upper-case domain names alone.  Little things mean a lot.

If I didn't want mine upper-cased I would not have written it that way.

ビリー ヨーデルマん
+1 310 839 7673
http://MIX.ORG/