[MlMt] Transferring mailmate config

Thu Mar 22 09:17:12 EDT 2018

On 21 Mar 2018, at 22:37, lists.freron.com at nietzold.com wrote:

> `defaults read com.freron.MailMate`
>
> just read the defaults gives me a very big list of settings :(
> how i can find out the hidden settings i have done?

There's no easy way to do that I'm afraid. Most of the values are
changes you have done in the Preferences of MailMate, but there are also
values set by other parts of MailMate, for example, when telling
MailMate to suppress a warning panel. And of course, some values are
hidden preferences of which a subset are described
[here](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences).

Here's one way of getting a list of variables names which might help you
identify what you have changed:

	defaults read com.freron.MailMate | grep "^    Mm"

(Note that preferences you have never changed are not going to be in
that list.)

I hope that helps a bit.