[MlMt] Ghost messages in message list pane

Thu Mar 22 08:55:36 EDT 2018

On 20 Mar 2018, at 23:42, Greg Earle wrote:

> It takes up valuable space (and is completely unnecessary when you are
> in a Mailbox) and I can't get it to go away now.  I control-click in
> the "Date Received" column, un-check "Source Mailbox" and it
> temporarily goes away (but only temporarily).  I even control-clicked
> and selected "Use as Default Columns" (after "Source Mailbox" is
> gone/unchecked) and yet ... it still keeps coming back!

You might also need to “Revert to Default Columns” for some
mailboxes if you have done several changes in different mailboxes.

It might be best if you simple reset what is saved like this:

	defaults delete com.freron.MailMate MmMailboxRelatedStates

Make sure MailMate is not running when you do that.

There are known bugs in the mailbox states system which still awaits a
total rewrite of how it works. I'm a bit closer to this in the sense
that I think I know how I want it to work now, but I haven't implemented
any of it yet. To be honest, I think I keep on postponing this because
the subject reminds of some very negative feedback I received in the
past. It's not on purpose, but apparently that was a counter-productive
way of reporting an issue -- at least in that case :)

I cannot make any promises (based on experience), but the subject is
pretty high on my lists now.

> Is there some config file or XML file someplace where I can find this
> Source Mailbox enabled-by-default setting and disable it??  I looked
> in ~/Library/Preferences/com.freron.MailMate.plist but didn't see
> anything relevant.

It's probably better to do the reset described above.