[MlMt] Adding header fields to pop-up menu in composition

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sat Mar 17 15:17:45 EDT 2018

On 17 Mar 2018, at 14:53 (-0400), Randall Gellens wrote:

> On 16 Mar 2018, at 17:13, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> On 16 Mar 2018, at 14:34, Randall Gellens wrote:
>>
>>> How would I add other header fields to the pop-up menu for extra
>>> header fields when composing a message?
>>
>> Override the composerHeaders.plist file:
>>
>> cd Library/Application\ Support/MailMate/Resources
>> cp
>> /Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/Resources/Layouts/composerHeaders.plist
>> .
>> vi composerHeaders.plist
>>
>> The format is an old-style non-xml ASCII property list, like all the
>> MM customization files.
>
> Hmm.  Adding new entries in the same format has no effect on the
> pop-up menu.  Not even the added separator shows up.

You do need to restart MailMate for changes to take effect.

If not restarting wasn't the problem, you can check the format of the
file:

~$ plutil -lint Library/Application\
Support/MailMate/Resources/Layouts/composerHeaders.plist
Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Resources/Layouts/composerHeaders.plist: OK

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole