[MlMt] expiring deleted and sent

Wed Mar 14 12:21:41 EDT 2018

On 14 Mar 2018, at 6:07, Randy Bush wrote:

> my search fu is failing me.  how do i set an expire on a mailbox,
> particularly Deleted and Sent?

An “expire”? You mean automatic deletion after X days?

You have to create a smart mailbox based on one or both of these
mailboxes. This mailbox should have a condition with something like:

	Date-Received is not within last 180 days

Finally, create a rule which has no conditions, but the action “Delete
Permanently”.

This workaround is necessary because rules are currently only checked
when a message “arrives” in the mailbox. In other words, if the rule
was added directly to “Deleted Messages” then it wouldn't trigger
unless you added an email to the mailbox which was already more than 180
days old.

Also note that this doesn't count the days gone by since a message was
deleted. It counts the days since it was sent/received.

I hope this helps.