[MlMt] Can no longer get mail from an important IMAP server

Wed Mar 14 05:58:52 EDT 2018

On 13 Mar 2018, at 17:02, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> On 13 Mar 2018, at 8:42, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> Well, I should probably work around getting the `NO` response, but
>> it's a bit strange that we're not getting the same response. The
>> maintainer might want to know about this. (For the record, I
>> authenticate using `anonymous`.)
>
> That may be why we are getting a different response. Many of us use
> our IETF logins with the server.
>
> If you want to test that out, you can get one from
>    https://tools.ietf.org/newlogin

That failed to work for me, but I realized what the problem is with the
QUOTA handling. The problem is that MailMate assumes the IMAP account
has an INBOX when checking for quotas. (I've fixed it by skipping the
quota check when no INBOX exists even though, theoretically, quotas
might still be relevant for the account.)

Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update
preferences pane to test the fix. Also, disable the hidden preference:

	defaults delete com.freron.MailMate MmIMAPQuotaDisabled