[MlMt] search not looking at content of forwarded messages?

Fri Mar 9 04:46:05 EST 2018

On 9 Mar 2018, at 1:59, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> Hi, I have a message I forwarded out to folks, along with my own
> additional content.  When I perform a search (either across All
> Messages or just my Sent Messages folder), if the search term exists
> only in the forwarded portion of the message, it's not listed in the
> search results.  It's like only my newly added content is indexed for
> search terms.

This is using “Forward as Attachment”?

I tried to reproduce this, but I wasn't able to. I suspect it might not
be related to forwarding, but the message itself. MailMate prefers to
index the plain text part of a message, but maybe this message did not
have the same textual content in the plain text part and the HTML
part... (It's a bit heuristic how this works.)

If you can share the email (off list) with me then I can take a look at
it if you like.