[MlMt] Sign & Encrypt option no longer available after moving Mailmate

Fri Mar 9 04:39:59 EST 2018

On 7 Mar 2018, at 7:26, Andreas Jung wrote:

> I moved my Mailmate installation to a new Mac. I copied all .plist
> files and everything
> is almost working except that I do no longer see options for signing
> and/or encrypting
> an email on the left of the dropdown of available email identities
> within the composer windows.
> However I can read and decrypt encrypted GPG emails. The gpg2 binary
> is also available
> (Installed via Homebrew).

MailMate still (only) officially supports it when installed via
GPGTools, but I think the first problem here might be that you haven't
enabled OpenPGP in the Security preferences pane?

The other issue can be “fixed” by making sure MailMate can find
`gpg2` in this path:

	/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin/gpg2

Make sure that the command includes a GUI passphrase requester since
otherwise MailMate is going to hang when/if it's needed. (This is,
historically, the main reason MailMate requires GPGTools.)

I hope this helps.