[MlMt] Ghost messages in message list pane

Fri Mar 9 04:25:27 EST 2018

On 6 Mar 2018, at 14:20, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> This is an odd one.  Running r5460, every once in a while when
> switching mailboxes, a message from the swtiched-away-from mailbox
> remains in the message list pane of the new mailbox, alongside the
> messages from the new mailbox.  If I subsequently switch away from,
> then back to the new mailbox, the phantom message is gone.
>
> I wish I had more detail to report.  I've seen this about three time
> over the last week to so.  I have never tried to select that phantom
> message.  The most recent time (just now), I was switching from a
> submailbox of a smart mailbox in one account to a submailbox of a
> smart mailbox in a different account.
>
> Is there any more information I can capture the next time I see this
> to help debug it?

You can enable the “Source Mailbox” column in the message list to
make sure you know where the message is really located. There's 1 known
issue which could be related to this, but you are welcome to describe an
order of events to recreate it if possible. I'll then test that as well
when fixing the other issue.