[MlMt] quoted-printable

Sun Mar 4 14:50:15 EST 2018

On 1 Mar 2018, at 5:35, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2018, at 13:08, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> On 28 Feb 2018, at 9:55, Eric Sharakan wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm, I see nothing like that at all:
>>
>> Which implies that your subscription is set to receive plain text
>> digests instead of MIME digests. Switch that here:
>> https://lists.freron.com/options/mailmate
>
> Ah, that explains it.  I think I'll stick with non-digest mode for
> now, thanks.

I was actually unaware (or had forgotten) about the digest related
settings. Instead of disabling digests for the MailMate list I've
changed the default to be the MIME format. MailMate can display this
format and most MailMate mailing list users are probably also MailMate
users.

I've also added that when MailMate detects the MIME digest format and
the user tries to reply/forward/... then MailMate displays an
informational window sheet telling the user about the possibility of
using “Detach Message”. (Ideally, the menu should also contain,
e.g., the “Reply” menu item.)