[MlMt] What's the difference between the two Blacklist options?

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:33:25 EDT 2018

On 19 Jun 2018, at 9:15, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 19 Jun 2018, at 14:31, Eric Sharakan wrote:
>
>> Wait, MailMate supports blacklisting addresses??  I wasn't aware of
>> that (not surprising I suppose, given all the features in MM).  I did
>> just check the manual and didn't find any mention of blacklisting.
>> There were a couple mentioning in the archives of this mailing list,
>> and they seemed related to autocompletion of addresses.
>
> That is correct.

So is it used only for controlling auto-completion behavior?  The word
blacklisting implies something more than that, like preventing someone
inadvertently sending an email to one of those addresses?

>> So I don't get accused of hijacking this thread, how about an
>> overview of what this feature is, how it works, etc?  Enough info to
>> answer Annamarie's question and to help give folks like me a general
>> understanding of what it means to blacklist an address.
>
> I'll note that it should be documented. You find the blacklisting menu
> items in the context sensitive menu for email address headers when
> viewing messages and in the address related headers of the composer
> window (in the popup menu for an address token).

Thanks, I've found those now.  How would I view existing entries in the
blacklist and/or remove them?

Thanks.

-Eric