[MlMt] Suggestion for behavior of keys for alternative views

Sat Jun 2 03:54:44 EDT 2018

On 30 May 2018, at 4:05, Mike Hucka wrote:

> May I suggest a simple change?  Just make the behavior of the
> view-change commands "wrap around", so to speak, so that you cycle
> through the views in round-robbin fashion.  Then (1) key bindings can
> stay the same, yet (2) people like me who are too dumb to remember
> which direction to go don't have to worry about it -- they can just
> press the same key to get the alternative views.

I'm not so happy about changing this. I don't have trouble remembering
the ordering myself and I often use the shortcuts to make sure that I'm
on the plain text part or the HTML part.

It's on my todo that the message view itself should (optionally) be able
to display when alternatives exist (it's a power user email client),
e.g., using some kind of segmented buttons/links. This would implicitly
also tell you which way to go to move to the other part(s). (In this
case though it would also be fine to wrap around.)