[MlMt] access to iCould without 2-factor authentication?

Paula R. T. Coelho paulartcoelho at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 08:26:35 EDT 2018

hello,

after a lot of recurrent problems with the Apple two-factor
authentication on old devices (e.g. ATV2), I disabled it. but now MM
can´t access the account anymore. I removed the Source and add it
again, provided the user and passwd I use to login at iCloud website,
but I keep getting : Server response: “A1 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED]
Authentication failed”. Command attempted: “A1 LOGIN

Is there something I´m missing? Or Apple decided to only give IMAP
access to those who have two-factor authentication on?

thanks,
Paula