[MlMt] Loading external images in Deleted Messages

davecc0000 davec2468 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:12:07 EDT 2018

>> On 18 Jul 2018, at 5:25, Randy H. Tjahjono wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to always display images for messages in the Deleted Messages folder? I have Image Blocking disabled (unchecked), but the Deleted Messages folder doesn't seem to respect that setting.

Randy,
Images in many emails (usually spam or phishing ones) are tagged with a unique code that identifies you (or or more correctly, your address). When you load that image it tells the sender that 1) your address is valid—that someone “lives” there, and 2) you read the email. For spammers this is gold for them.

Spammers send out tons of emails to addresses they either buy or otherwise obtain and they don’t know if these are a waste of time for them unless they are verified somehow. Loading those images confirms your address for them. Expect more spam in this case.

Dave