[MlMt] Add toggle for a scrollbar in the preview pane (which would turn off auto-scroll)

Mon Jul 16 11:11:46 EDT 2018

On 14 Jul 2018, at 0:06, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> Right now in the compose window, the preview pane stays synchronized
> with what I'm typing.
>
> Sometimes when I'm replying, I'd really like to stay focused on some
> text I'm replying to, but it's off window. One way to do this might be
> to add a toggle in the toolbar that disabled auto-scroll and added a
> scrollbar to the preview pain. Then I could treat it as though I had a
> multi-paned editor. I could type on the left, and read what I was
> replying to on the right.
>
> I have no idea if people would generally find this useful, or if it's
> just me. So take it with a grain of salt. 🌾🙂

It's an interesting issue. Do you need this in general or is it more
like a top vs in-between posting issue? I hadn't thought of it, but the
auto-scroll might not make much sense for top-posters (which are likely
in the majority). For example, for top-posting MailMate could be told to
*not* auto-scroll if the view is already scrolled further down than the
auto-scroll position would be.