[MlMt] Best way to auto-archive trash in gmail?

Michael Hucka mhucka at library.caltech.edu
Sun Jul 15 23:25:11 EDT 2018

Did I do something in a past exchange to trigger this rather hostile
reply?  I honestly don't remember, but if I did, I apologize.  I'm also
not really sure why you presume to tell others on this list how they
should manage their mail; you're free to do as you wish, but you should
realize that others may have workflows that attempt to address other
needs.  Some of those workflows may be based on even longer experiences
than yours.  (My archives go back to 1987 and I currently have 1,412,484
messages, as of a few moments ago, although to be fair, some the 1990's
are probably Usenet postings due to using an Emacs-based mail & news
reader for a long time.)  Maybe you're better than me at deciding what
can really be "just deleted" on the spot, but after many years of
trying, I've decided it's better for me to keep everything (yes,
including what is clearly spam).

Anyway, I do appreciate the information about the nuance of an Archive
in MM; this is something that is worth investigating.

MH