[MlMt] Headers only (low disk usage)

Roger Sheen infotexture at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:31:09 EDT 2018

On Saturday, 2018-06-02, at 09:41 CEST, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 28 May 2018, at 4:54, Kelvin Quee wrote:
>
>> * Download full email for "Inbox" IMAP folder
>> * Download headers only for the "Archive" IMAP folder
>> * Download email only that are 0 - 90 days old in "Sent" IMAP folder
>> (ie DO NOT download emails that are older than 90 days)
>
> As Bill noted then none of this is supported.

How about the (old? hidden?) preference to limit the number of messages
to download per mailbox?

I don’t recall the `defaults write` incantation I used to set this
years ago, but I have a Gmail account with 10+ years of high-volume
mailing list archives and MailMate just picks up the latest thousand
messages in each folder.

This is fine for monitoring recent traffic (kind of like tailing a log
file) and keeps local space requirements manageable. For anything older,
I can always resort to the web interface.

Regards,

Roger