[MlMt] moving between google accounts does not delete from source?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Jul 4 16:54:15 EDT 2018

On 2 Jul 2018, at 11:50 (-0400), Paula R. T. Coelho wrote:

> hello,
>
> i’m using MM to move thousands of messages from one account to
> another (both google), with “Move to Mailbox…”.
>
> the intention is to remove the messages from the source account, but
> the messages keep reappearing. Labels are removed, so they show up in
> All Mail.
>
> is this on purpose? or?

This sounds like a known form of breakage at Google. It's related to
their message de-duplication tricks and to the way they assemble "All
Mail." I have not tested it, but it might work to first move a message
to a non-GMail account, empty the trash and sync the GMail account, then
move it to the other GMail account. That way, GMail will not
continuously have a copy of that exact message to treat as the "real"
one to which all other references point.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Currently Seeking Steadier Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole