[MlMt] Welcome to the "mailmate" mailing list

Wed Jul 4 05:58:36 EDT 2018

On 4 Jul 2018, at 5:29, Randy Abbott wrote:

> * Is it possible to always display the From box, even if I'm sending
> an email with the default email address?

I'm afraid there's no setting for that. A workaround is to provide an
alternative dummy address in the “Email Addresses” field of the
account settings:

	Email Addresses: real at example.com, dummy at example.com

I'll keep this limitation in mind when re-implementing the composer
status bar (something which I probably have to do fairly soon since it
looks even worse in Mojave Dark mode than it already does in the current
light mode).

> * How can I setup Address Pattern for two domains? I have
> `.*@example\.com` currently, but I would like to add another. (I am
> not so great at RegExp).

One way to do it:

	(.*@example1\.com|.*@example2\.com)

I've also changed the code such that when address patterns are enabled
then the From popup is always shown. That should take care of your first
question.

> * How can I get the Starred emails in Gmail to appear in MailMate? The
> manual has detailed instructions for labels, but not so much for
> Starred emails.

The manual page says: “If you click “Edit Subscriptions” in the
IMAP account editor for a Gmail account then you might notice that
“[Gmail]/Starred” and “[Gmail]/Important” are unsubscribed. It
is important to keep it that way. The starred emails are equivalent to
flagged emails.”

Gmail “Starred” is equivalent to the IMAP keyword “\Flagged” and
Gmail does set that on starred emails. Therefore the Starred
label/mailbox itself is not needed (and would just cause duplicate
emails to appear in MailMate).