[MlMt] Bringing the main window to the front?

Wed Jul 4 05:40:21 EDT 2018

On 3 Jul 2018, at 18:20, Nicholas Vahalik wrote:

> If you minimize the main MailMate window there does not appear to be
> keystroke combination that makes that window come back to the front.

That is correct.

> In some applications, hitting ⌘1 (Skype) or ⌘0 (Messages) will
> cause the main window to toggle visibility (or to be restored if
> minimized).

This is because of the “Window ▸ Message Viewer” menu item in
Apple Mail. I'm willing to add this feature since I, generally, make
things work like Apple Mail when there's not strong arguments for doing
it differently :)

> I think in the original `Mail.app`, hitting ⇧⌘N caused the main
> window to pop up if it had been minimized.

I don't think it ever worked like that. This opens a new window (also in
MailMate).

> I know Safari, Messages, and Skype all will un-minimize if they are
> re-instantiated. (e.g. minimize Safari and then, using Alfred, open
> Safari again).
>
> However, MailMate does none of these things. It would be nice if
> MailMate would restore upon clicking the icon or re-opening the app
> through Alfred. As it stands, right now I have to find the window in
> the dock and click on it every time.

I cannot reproduce this. Clicking the Dock icon de-minimizes the window.
Are you sure?

(⌘-tabbing does not de-minimize, but this is standard behavior.)

> In addition to the refocusing upon open, it'd also be nice to have
> something like ⇧⌘N or ⌘1 that would also work in causing the
> main window to come back up after minimizing.

I've noted to make ⌘0 behave like Apple Mail.