[MlMt] Visualize Bundle - not working?

Max Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 03:22:20 EDT 2018

if it can help the absolute simplest way I can think of bringing up a local
server is running `cd folderwithcontent; python -m SimpleHTTPServer 3456`

this will give you http://localhost:3456/<path relative to
folderwithcontent>

and the nice plus that if a server is already running on port 3456 it will
just exit so for a crude but working script for the visualizer it will
"always" work.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 6:49 AM, Sherif Soliman <sherif at ssoliman.com> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> On 3 Jul 2018, at 8:21, Ben Hyde wrote:
>
> Maybe I just need a poke withe the clue stick, but I think this bundle
> isn’t
> working today.
>
> I installed it a half hour ago, for the first time.
>
> And when I select a group of messages and hit cntl-t it
> opens a page in Safari; but I don’t see a chart.
>
> I'm the author of the plugin. You're not missing anything. Unfortunately,
> the plugin stopped working somewhat recently due to a change in the
> security models in browsers (all major ones, as far as I know) where
> considered insecure and no longer allowed. The problem is explained by
> Benny in this GitHub issue
> <https://github.com/sheriferson/Visualize.mmBundle/issues/6#issuecomment-334471941>
> .
>
> It seems that for this to work, MailMate (or the plugin) would need to
> spin up a simple http server to be able to read the file generated by
> MailMate.
>
> I am happy to put in some time/effort to make it work if Benny has an idea
> — and needed bandwidth — to find an alternative and guide me to an extent :)
>
> Sherif

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen