[MlMt] Bringing the main window to the front?

Nicholas Vahalik nick at nickvahalik.com
Tue Jul 3 12:20:53 EDT 2018

If you minimize the main MailMate window there does not appear to be
keystroke combination that makes that window come back to the front.

In some applications, hitting ⌘1 (Skype) or ⌘0 (Messages) will cause
the main window to toggle visibility (or to be restored if minimized). I
think in the original `Mail.app`, hitting ⇧⌘N caused the main window
to pop up if it had been minimized. I know Safari, Messages, and Skype
all will un-minimize if they are re-instantiated. (e.g. minimize Safari
and then, using Alfred, open Safari again).

However, MailMate does none of these things. It would be nice if
MailMate would restore upon clicking the icon or re-opening the app
through Alfred. As it stands, right now I have to find the window in the
dock and click on it every time.

In addition to the refocusing upon open, it'd also be nice to have
something like ⇧⌘N or ⌘1 that would also work in causing the main
window to come back up after minimizing.

Thanks,

Nick Vahalik
Technologist
nick at nickvahalik.com