[MlMt] forwarding HTML emails

Mon Jan 22 09:21:40 EST 2018

On 21 Jan 2018, at 1:39, Bill Cole wrote:

> My understanding (I hope Benny will correct me if I'm wrong) is that
> adding this to MM would require a lot of work because the HTML
> capabilities MM has are largely outsourced to the OS and the embedded
> Markdown interpreter.

Just to be clear: MailMate does not let the user *edit* the HTML, but
MailMate does allow the user to embed the HTML in a reply/forwarded
message. This works, more or less, just like other modern email clients.
In MailMate, it is done by using an external script (Premailer) to
rewrite the HTML/CSS to get a piece of HTML which can be inserted into
the HTML generated by MailMate (either by doing plain text to HTML or
Markdown to HTML conversion).