[MlMt] Rules

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Fri Jan 19 20:36:46 EST 2018

Randall Gellens wrote (at 16:34 on 19 Jan 2018):

> On 19 Jan 2018, at 6:05, John Cooper wrote:
>
>> The Conditions section affects what you see in the mailbox. For
>> example, I have a smart mailbox that includes every message that has
>> "MailMate Users" or "freron.com" somewhere in the To: field AND is
>> not in the Trash. When I click on it, I see all the messages to and
>> from this list or from Benny in one place.
>
> Does it have the same effect on a physical mailbox as on a
> virtual/smart one?

No, MailMate only works on email. :)

I don't know what setting a condition would do if it were applied to a
standard IMAP folder.

> How do you select messages that are not deleted?

I'm not sure I understand the question. If you mean how do I set the
smart mailbox that I described not to include messages in the Trash, the
condition I have set includes `Source > Path does not contain Trash`.

> Do you need to duplicate the rules for each account or each Inbox?

Assuming that you want to apply rules to all mail as it arrives and
before it's sorted, you can apply the rules to the main Inbox mailbox
that aggregates all your accounts.