[MlMt] forwarding HTML emails

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Thu Jan 18 09:25:14 EST 2018

I have been using MM for one year only but I haven’t seen any real
issues with forwarding HTML mails. If I forward the whole mail, and I do
it almost daily, it seem to be quoted intact. I can see that using the
preview in composer (composer itself displays only the text).
Occasionally, a forwarded email will become an attachment but I suspect
that has to do with how that email was formatted or rather embedded on
the way to me. If I select a subset of HTML-formatted email to forward,
MM strips the original HTML code and replaces with simple color-coded
quoting layers. It is not always optimal but I understand that it is
virtually impossible to correctly carry on a subset of an
HTML/CSS-formatted email, considering how widely different and not
always correct those are set up. I can turn on markdown mode and bold or
italic some texts as needed.

Since you are such a long-time user, I wonder whether you do not have
some settings set that affect the way your instance of MM operates. May
be you should carefully review your config file (I use Prefs Editor app
for easy viewing).

Robert