[MlMt] Edit Notification format?

Thu Jan 18 05:00:29 EST 2018

On 18 Jan 2018, at 10:43, Compass Luca Cignacco wrote:

>> I've just started a trial to see if MailMate will work for me. Is
>> there a way to edit the format of the Notification banner to mirror
>> Apple Mail's implementation?
>
> Go to Preferences -> Counters -> Edit “Format” field

You missed that Daniel also asked for a body text summary in the
notification. This is not easily done (although `#unquoted` could
possibly be used).

This is actually an old item on my todo lists, but I think some recent
additions to MailMate might make it easier to implement. There needs to
be some way to get a short summary of the content of an email to make
this work. It has to be a bit smart though in order to skip, e.g., the
quoted text above and the wrote-line.

With respect to new-lines you can do like this:

	${from.name.#nospoof:${from.address}}\n${subject}

Quick testing seems to indicate that you can only have 1 newline.

The title of the notification is currently hardcoded, but I guess that
could be changed as well. I'll make a note of it.