[MlMt] Security

Fabian Blechschmidt lists-freron-com at fabian-blechschmidt.de
Wed Jan 17 02:33:57 EST 2018

On 17 Jan 2018, at 8:27, uncat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in trying out MailMate. Questions: Is my password to my
> email account or my email address stored anywhere? Or sent anywhere?
> Is there any assurance of that?
>
> --
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I'm only a user, so this answer are only observation - I have no access
to the code.

> Is my password to my email account or my email address stored
> anywhere?

The password can (not must) be stored in the Mac OS X keychain.

> Or sent anywhere?

MailMate is not "cloud" - so except the mail server itself I assume it
stays on your machine.

> Is there any assurance of that?

I hope Benny will answer your mail too and back me up :-)