[MlMt] forwarding HTML emails

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Jan 17 00:02:56 EST 2018

On 16 Jan 2018, at 18:00 (-0500), Tracy Valleau wrote:

> Hello
> Do I take it that  forwarding HTML emails can still only be done via
> attachment?

Not if you're using the 2.0BETA series, which has a plethora of controls
for perpetuating a bad idea in the Composer panel of the Preferences...

> If so, I'm curious as to why, technically. Since MM can show HTML
> emails now,

When couldn't it? I adopted MM circa v1.5 and my first pestering of
Benny was to work out how to make it easier to config MM to only render
HTML when absolutely needed.

> why can't it (just)  forward them?

This is fundamentally problematic because "just forward them" does not
have a well-defined technical meaning other than embedding the full
original message as an attachment. If you want something else, I *THINK*
the MM options for tweaking HTML forwarding should give you something
you can live with.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org