[MlMt] spinning beachball of death

Mon Jan 15 04:16:37 EST 2018

On 12 Jan 2018, at 13:29, James Galvin wrote:

> I do have a fair number of smart mailboxes.  Benny suggested offline
> that there might be a problem with one of my smart mailboxes.  It was
> just a few months ago that I restructured my mail filtering, which is
> about the same time that this problem started.  I can’t say for
> certain which came first but I know how I’d bet.  In any case, it
> has slowly but surely been getting worse.

The problem is very likely related to the restructuring.

> Hopefully Benny will notice something.  And if I’m really lucky it
> will even be as simple as delete and recreate “this mailbox”.

I'm not sure if it's a single mailbox. You have a lot of mailboxes based
on the “is in” comparison method and they are all very similar. I
*think* there are other ways to do what you want, but I would first like
to figure out why it's slower than I would expect. (The logs tell me
that MailMate does a lot of “brute force” computations which might
not really be needed.)

I'll get back to in an off list email.