[MlMt] spinning beachball of death

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Wed Jan 10 17:16:26 EST 2018

On 10 Jan 2018, at 17:26, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2018, at 15:42, James Galvin wrote:
>
>> I have collected 6 samples as previously suggested in other threads from MailMate over the past 2 days, all when it is in “spinning beachball of death” mode just prior to my “FORCE QUIT”.  I will send those to Benny immediately following this message privately.
>
> The problem appears to be that some smart mailbox is taking a very long time to update when, e.g., a new message arrives. I'll ask for some other files and debug output off list.

I also noticed Jim having 8G of RAM, which to me seems a bit low when running memory hungry applications like MailMate.

Do you have some Very Large Mailboxes Jim?

What does not memory consumption look like on the machine as a whole?

I.e. I saw today when with the help of vagrant spinning up "too many hosts" when my box hit the 16G size I have it went from snappy to unusable faster than the blink of an eye. :-(

   Patrik