[MlMt] spinning beachball of death

Tobias Kirchhofer tobias at kirchhofer.net
Wed Jan 10 11:22:35 EST 2018

On 10 Jan 2018, at 15:42, James Galvin wrote:

> In the past 60 minutes (and yes I mean 60 minutes) I have “FORCE
> QUIT” MailMate more than 10 times because it got to the “spinning
> beachball of death”.

I had this too, has driven me mad. Tried a lot of things which changed
the behavior a bit but it still persisted.

Then i found this:

https://www.modmy.com/terminal-applications-causing-freezes-macos-high-sierra

Which referenced this:

https://github.com/hishamhm/htop/issues/682

Valuable to read the whole thread until end.

It might be in your case that you use htop?

I removed htop with brew and trouble went away. Totally.

Hope that helps,

Tobias

There was a threads with my case (sorry for dumb subject):
„[MlMt] [Solved] MailMate and High Sierra Freeze [was: Re: Slow since
HIgh Sierra upgrade?]“

--
Tobias Kirchhofer
tobias at kirchhofer.net