[MlMt] mark emails 'done'

Wed Jan 10 07:22:09 EST 2018

On 2 Jan 2018, at 22:09, Mike Fisher wrote:

> On 2 Jan 2018, at 16:00, Aaron Falk wrote:
>
>> I (perhaps unadvisedly) use both Mailmate and Google Inbox to manage
>> my gmail account.  I like the Google Inbox notion of marking emails
>> as ‘done’ and having them disappear from view.  Is there is a way
>> to mark emails ‘done’ in Mailmate that is recognized by Google
>> Inbox?
>
> Using Mailmate’s Archive command has been adequate for me (removes
> from both Mailmate’s inbox and Google Inbox; seems to mark the
> message as Done to Google Inbox).
>
> The problem I have is in the other direction — from Mailmate, I
> can’t easily find things I marked Done in Google Inbox.

[This
discussion](https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/inbox/m79u7BngKXI)
seems to indicate that “Done” corresponds to emails which only exist
in “[Gmail]/All Mail”. In that case, it might work to tell MailMate
to use “[Gmail]/All Mail” as its archive folder. Also make sure to
read this: https://manual.mailmate-app.com/account_setup#gmail

(I'm not promising that this works. It's extremely tricky to make an
IMAP email client work in a sensible way with Googles
“interpretation” of IMAP.)