[MlMt] test vs Beta builds

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 00:00:45 EST 2018

On 26 Feb 2018, at 11:06, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 26 Feb 2018, at 10:57, Eric Sharakan wrote:
>
>> One thing the 2.0BETA has that 1.x does not (at least according to
>> the mailing list archives) is support for honoring the system proxy
>> settings.  If true, this would be a huge boon to me when VPN'ed into
>> my employer's corporate intranet.
>>
>> Is it true this exists in 2.0 but not 1.x?
>
> Not according to the release notes, which are available under the Help
> menu. See the section for "Revision 5263 (Thursday, September 15,
> 2016) — Version 1.9.5"

I assume you're referring to this comment:

New: Network code now uses CFNetwork instead of OpenSSL. This implicitly
means proxy support (System Preferences), IPv6 support, and TLS 1.2
support.

In that case it's not working as I think it should.  I'm told our
corporate proxies support forwarding IMAP & SMTP ports, meaning I should
be able to read mail accounts other than my work account while VPN'ed
into our corporate network.  Unfortunately that's not working; all other
accounts show as unavailable.

-Eric