[MlMt] Preview, unified mailboxes, GPG key selection and muting mailboxes

Filip Stokkeland flips+list.mailmate at luminated.net
Sat Feb 24 11:03:15 EST 2018

Hi!

On 24 Feb 2018, at 15:27, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>> I'm quite new to MailMate, impressive program, the only MUA I've
>> really enjoyed, ever. (Well, I do like Mutt, but I'm having trouble
>> surviving with only a non-GUI MUA ...)
>
> Thanks! Sorry for not answering your direct feedback email yet. I'm,
> unfortunately, not getting around to answering all emails these days.

I understand. You can mark my emails as read, at least ... :)

>> 2. Can I set account to **not** appear in unified views?
>> (I have an account I only use for archiving, would be nice to have it
>> appear in all views for Inbox, Drafts etc.
>
> No, this is not optional. I've got a note about looking into it when I
> get around to also making the universal mailboxes configurable. Don't
> expect it soon.

Ok. I guess I can get around by making som smart folders. :)

>> 3. When encrypting/signing with GPG, I have two keys for the same
>> email address
>> (I'm planning on revoking one soon).
>> -- How do I select which is used (if possible)?
> There's currently only a (very) low-level way to do this:
> https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences#security

Thanks!

>> 4. Is it possible to mute a folder or an entire IMAP account?
>> (I have some mailing lists I have to be on, but I'd rather just
>> archive everything for future reference.)
>
> I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. Can “Rules” help
> you? (Last pane in the mailbox editor of any mailbox.)

Rules was the first I checked. :) But I couldn't find a way to make the
action part of rules mark message as read.
(I see _move, copy, delete, redirect, export, set/remove tag, play
sound_ and _run command_. Unless I can install a bundle to get a "mark
as read" or "mute" command, I don't see how I mark matching messages as
read.)

What I would want/need, is to mute everything in a particular folder
(it's sorted server side), or if it's easier, mute an entire account.

--
Filip