[MlMt] Configuring MailMate with multiple Gmail accounts

Sun Feb 4 10:49:17 EST 2018

On 4 Feb 2018, at 0:01, Topher Buck wrote:

> 2.	In MM Account Settings for B, remove the IMAP Server
> information/credentials and leave the SMTP Server credentials. (I
> haven’t tried this so am not sure it would even work.)

This might actually work, but note that you cannot prevent Google from
saving a copy of sent messages in account B while MailMate would save
them in account A (if the email address is provided for Email
Address(es) of account A).

You should check [this
setting](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences#alternative-smtp-server)
although I don't think it'll do exactly what you need it to do. You'll
probably have to manually switch SMTP when switching between sending
from the two email addresses.

> My hunch is that option 1 is the way to go. I’ll add that I tried
> implementing option 1 several times, and MailMate crashed every time
> when I clicked the **Apply** button in the IMAP Account Settings
> dialog.

Could you send me some step-by-step instructions to reproduce this (off
list) and a crash report. Then I'll see if I can reproduce/fix it.

Thanks in advance!