[MlMt] Mailbox count = Recent

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Wed Dec 26 11:32:14 EST 2018

On 26 Dec 2018, at 6:38, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On 25 Dec 2018, at 22:13, Randall Gellens wrote:
>
>> When the displayed count for a mailbox is "Recent," what does MM
>> count?
>>
>> I would like to suggest that there be an option for the count to be
>> "Unread messages that have arrived in the past [count] [unit]" where
>> count and unit are settings (global or per-account or per-mailbox).
>> For example, setting count to 7 and unit to days would count unread
>> messages that arrived in the past week.
>>
> I use a smart folder for recent unread messages.

Sure, I could do that, and I can see that being especially useful in
certain cases, but to do that universally would mean twice as many
mailboxes as I now have, and also mentally ignoring every actual mailbox
and only paying attention to the smart mailboxes.  Since MM has a count
and allows changing what the count is counting, it seems reasonable to
request that it count unread "recent" for reasonable values of "recent."

--Randall