[MlMt] MM trying to run gpg2 to sign my mail though I only use S/MIME certs

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 18:06:26 EST 2018

Hi, I have MM configured to sign my messages using S/MIME certs.
However, in one particular scenario, and then only with a small
percentage of mail messages, MM throws an error complaining that I don't
have the gpg2 command installed.

I see this when I select a message in my Sent folder that wasn't
previously signed, select "Message->Edit as New Message...", then click
the checkmark to sign the message.  As soon as I do that, I get a yellow
banner that says:

     Unable to locate the command (gpg2) needed to create the OpenPGP
message.
     Please verify that you have installed GPGTools as required by
MailMate.

If I click the "Show Details" button, I get this additional error:

     MISSING_COMMAND (/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin/gpg2)

Again, this only happens for some of the unsigned messages in my sent
folder.

Let me know if you need more specific info.

Thanks.

-Eric