[MlMt] Rules and sent messages

Mon Dec 17 08:21:10 EST 2018

On 17 Dec 2018, at 8:17, Dave C wrote:

> I’ve got plenty of smart mailboxes with rules. The incoming messages
> are sorted to mailboxes as i want them to be.
>
> My problem—since I first started using MailMate—is with the Sent
> Messages. In all the smart mailboxes, whenever I reply to a message, 2
> copies of the reply appear in the appropriate mailbox. I’ve fiddled
> with the rules in each but can’t find the cause of these duplicates.

You can use the “Source Mailbox” column in the message list to see
where the duplicates are located. If it's Gmail then it'll help if you
tell MailMate to use the same mailbox for sent messages as Gmail does
(use “Mailbox ▸ Mailbox Type” to assign it to “[Gmail]/Sent
Mail”, because the Gmail SMTP server saves a copy as well (when the
duplicate is detected then the Google server removes it -- yes, Google
has their own interpretation of how IMAP/SMTP should work).

I hope this helps.