[MlMt] default account derived from context is not behaving?

Tue Dec 11 05:58:28 EST 2018

On 10 Dec 2018, at 20:49, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> Hi, if I click on an external mailto: link to compose a new message in
> MM, the chosen From address is not right (or not what I think it
> should be).
>
> For example, I'm clicking on a link to send an email to
> paul.xxx at companyZ.com.  One of my accounts is also with companyZ.com,
> but the chosen From address is not from that account, but from my
> comcast account.

Deriving from context has some issues (or lacks a sufficient level of
flexibility in its settings), but it's not really supposed to handle a
case like this. It doesn't try to use the domain name to derive
anything. I'll note your problem to keep it in mind when I try to
improve this feature, but if you consider the case where the domain name
is, e.g., `gmail` then you might see that it's not a straightforward
thing to handle. Some company domains are not really company domains.