[MlMt] Moving to a new computer

Sun Dec 9 08:30:35 EST 2018

On 6 Dec 2018, at 19:16, Bill Cole wrote:

> That depends on your IMAP servers. I don't know how exactly MM handles
> tags/flags for IMAP accounts on servers that don't have full keyword
> support.

They are saved in the local database index files only. In other words,
they are *lost* if rebuilding the database and/or refetching emails from
the server(s).

With the exception of Exchange IMAP (which have numerous other issues) I
believe IMAP servers without some support for IMAP keywords is
relatively rare.

I still have on my todo list to also add support for mapping tags to
file attributes. If combined with improved robustness when MailMate
needs to rebuild the database (or when some Exchange IMAP server
suddenly decides to reset all its UIDVALIDITY values) then that would
also make storing tags locally only more robust...