[MlMt] “Identity” shorthand header

Erik Mueller-Harder MailMate at list.erikmh.org
Sat Dec 8 00:50:52 EST 2018

Greetings!

I’m attempting to use submailboxes based on my own user names.  For
example, the e-mail address for my account at Amazon is
`amazon at pub.example.tld` and for SpaceWeather is
`spaceweather at pub.example.tld`.  If I have messages for both in one
folder, I’d like to see:

```
Folder
   - amazon
   - spaceweather
```

If I set up the submailboxes with unique values of **To » Identity >
User > No Specifier**, this works fine.

But now if I write *to* Amazon from the same address, of course, I’m
also getting a submailbox for the username at Amazon that I write to
(say, `xyzzy at amazon.com` adds an `xyzzy` submailbox).

Am I misunderstanding how “Identities” work?  I’m using a wildcard
in the Address Patterns for the account that looks like
`.*@pub\.example\.tld` in order to let MailMate know what addresses are
mine.  I would think that would pick up my own `amazon at pub.example.tld`
but not `xyzzy at amazon.com` at all.

And actually, to test, I dropped a completely unrelated e-mail message
into the box — and I get a new submailbox for the recipient of that
message, too, so it looks to me like the “Identity” shorthand
isn’t working properly, rather than that my regex is off.  Of course,
it’s regex — so I may well be wrong!

Am I doing something wrong?  Or is there a bug here?

Thanks,

— Erik

------
· [Erik Mueller-Harder](http://erikmh.org/)