[MlMt] Moving to a new computer

Sun Dec 2 06:13:28 EST 2018

On 29 Nov 2018, at 16:03, Annamarie wrote:

> Finally forced by Mojave to buy a new computer - I love my 2011
> MacBook Air. !
>
> Anyways I want to make sure I do this right. MM is set up with all my
> accounts but I want my signatures and smart folders.  I think that if
> I copy the entire MM folder from the ~/library/Application Support
> I’ll end up duplicating emails?

No, but I still think the following is better:

> Can I simply copy the various .plists? I see
> Blacklist.plist
> Identities.plist
> Mailboxes.plist
> Signatures.plist
> Sources.plist
> Submission.plist
> Tags.plist
>
> I probably just want blacklist, mailboxes and signatures? Yes.
> Anything else I should do? I only found one article from 2014 in the
> archives.

Just take all of the `.plist` files. Then you don't need to configure
the accounts and all emails are fetched from the servers building a new
database in MailMate.

You won't get the `defaults` (which also means Preferences) changes.
That can be done by copying the following file:

	~/Library/Preferences/com.freron.MailMate.plist

But I believe this has to be done before launching MailMate for the
first time (because the system caches it in memory).