[MlMt] S/MIME signing in MM

Wed Aug 29 09:59:48 EDT 2018

On 24 Aug 2018, at 13:41, Alexandre Takacs wrote:

> I get to the point I where I am being asked for my keychain pass to
> access the signing cert. But once said password is provided I get
> "errSecInternalComponent (error code -2070)".

I some times see this error, but I'm not sure what can trigger it.
Continuing to edit and hitting ⌘S usually clears it up. The error
itself is unfortunately not very informative.

You can enable the following and launch from a Terminal window to see
how far MailMate is before it fails:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDebugSecurity -bool YES
	/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate

It might also be a good idea to restart the machine. Although I cannot
reliably reproduce it I have a feeling that the keychain system often
gets into a “bad” state when I'm working with certificates.