[MlMt] Changing IMAP Server Behaviors?

Peter Jones peter.jones at ricercaconsulting.com
Tue Aug 21 16:03:52 EDT 2018

Good evening. I use MailMate for all my business emails, and use Apple
Mail for personal emails. Originally I was using Apple Mail for
everything, but when I realized I needed to segregate business and
personal, I used the “Import Accounts” function to move my business
email over to MailMate.

Problem: under Apple Mail, I had set the IMAP server to delete messages
in the “Trash” mailbox when a message > 30 days old. For business I
need to keep those messages and manually archive them periodically. But
MailMate has kept the server behavior which I set in the Apple Mail
system, and I can’t find out how to change it from MailMate.

How can I change MailMate’s behavior to NOT delete “Trash” (or
“Deleted Messages”) messages? I can’t find a setting or a terminal
command (“defaults write com.freron.MailMate …”) anywhere in the
documentation.

Peter Jones