[MlMt] Outlook style reply styling

Kee Hinckley kee at hinckley.com
Thu Apr 26 14:54:15 EDT 2018

I primarily use MailMate in an Outlook environment.

I'm sure it would be possible to create a css theme that matched
Outlook's so you'd get a similar look. I've never seen the horizontal
bar, but as others say, you can add it with `---` (and probably with
some creative CSS as well). I've gone the other route and tried to style
mine _better_ than Outlook :).

**Benny**, is it possible to have user-defined themes, or do we still
need to add them into the app?

If not, you look at
`/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/MailMate.mmBundle/Themes`
and add your own file there with a new UID, then it will show up in the
Composer preferences.  You'll need to replace it each time you update
the app.

My biggest issue in dealing with Outlook is that occasionally people try
to get _around_ the top comment model and edit inline, and when they do,
they mark their comments as theirs by *coloring* them (and putting their
initials on them). That's easy enough to read (although they have to put
something at the top saying "please see my comments inline" or nobody
looks for them), but because I can't edit the HTML, I can't do the same
thing in reply. So I tend to top-comment with a little macro to quote
things.

❝ _I assume that to do this I would need to customize the reply
styling_ ❞

Like that. Bleh.